Arcis / TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
This position is responsible for new project development within a given area for investment in multi-client projects. The main duties will be to design, create and support the business unit through enlarging existing core areas or identifying potential new areas, leading to further acquisition of onshore seismic and securing customer commitment. Follow through on projects will be required including identifying additional products or derivatives to be performed by internal service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Idea Generation including:
- Defining the geoscience, petroleum system and prospect rationale for a region, area or project.
- Interpretation or coordination of Interpretation work performed by the Geoscience Team
- Prepare and deliver Technical support documentation for customers
- Creating technical material to support the TGS Management project approval process
- Strategic portfolio building:
- Work closely with your manager to ensure that TGS is the key data provider in a given geographical area.
- Further develop business in the assigned area leveraging our superior database to develop:
- Multi-client 3D opportunities
- Reprocessing and Depth Imaging
- Potential Field projects which could lead to establishment of new hub areas
- Identify potential derivative products to be provided by other Internal Service Groups
- Develop good working relationships with assigned clients and participate in developing client specific project needs fulfilled through MC product offerings.
- Technical presentation support for the Sales/Marketing and Business Development Departments
- Technical presentations at conferences, tradeshows and publications in support of the Business
- Provide geoscience input into the internal seismic processing workflow through communication with QC Processing and Data Processing.
- Participate in setting and achieving sales goals for the newly delivered projects.
- Build relationships of trust with key personnel in all existing major accounts & feedback to sales and BD.
- Be proactive in identifying potential business in new major oil or service companies.
- Attend relevant industry exhibitions and conferences to represent and promote Company business.
- Actively support company personnel, safety and ethics policies.
- Additional duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Demonstrable experience in oil and gas industry is essential.
- Previous experience in the Canadian market place and strong network of clients
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Commercial understanding through education and/or work experience.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious, strong desire to accomplish results and develop oneself and the team.
- Initiative and self-drive to generate and communicate project ideas to management.
- Strong and dedicated professional, able to present to customers.
- Be flexible regarding traveling and work hours when work load requires an extra effort.
- A team player with a strong belief in the value of knowledge sharing.
- An individual with very strong analytical skills, who can understand complex problems/issues, yet is also creative; can think “outside the box”
- Must have a combination of flexibility, creativity, conceptual skills and judgment
- Analytical and effective problem solver with strong strategic capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, with proficiency in English.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of nine (9) years in Seismic Exploration
- GeoScience (Geology or Geophysics) BSc. or related field
- Strong Calgary network and key relationships with Senior VPs/Decision Makers within our Canadian customer base.
- Ability to negotiate a deal to closure with a deadline.
- Hands on experience with the full seismic lifecycle - Land Seismic Acquisition/ Seismic Processing / Interpretation / Reservoir Exploitation/Completion
- A detailed understanding/experience with Land Seismic Acquisition Technology and Techniques.
- A good understanding of Land Survey design and how this impacts cost vs product.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of Seismic Imaging/Processing from Field Tapes through to Reservoir products.
- Experience of the Geology and Interpretation of the WCSB including unconventional reservoir exploitation.
- Strong analytical, financial and presentation skills are required.
- Thorough understanding of Microseismicity and Induced Seismicity.
- Advanced knowledge of GeoScout / Omni and Seisware software is beneficial.
We thank you for your interest.